Monday, March 28, 2005

end of the road soon comin'

It's almost that time--that time being when all the decisions are in and there is just the hard task of making a decision and then making it happen.

I may have mentioned that I've had trouble being productive at work. I guess I have been running so long that I don't know how to go a more measured pace, and then I just stop. But I am again determined to use the technique I learned in Veritas for tackling reading comprehension. Stop, look away for a little while, then begin again with sharper focus. This can be done!

I've been working through the school housing options so far. Haas is just a BART ride away and a 10 minute walk up the hill, so no question marks there. I have heard from current students that it's advisable to get a campus area aparment for the first semester, which I might do. My emphasis, though, has been on the big question mark: investigating the housing options in Evanston. And something called a co-op...? This is definitely new to me, but it seems like it's the popular thing to do up there for apartment living. I can't stand the thought of renting and giving my money away with no equity/equity-equivalent/tax savings. But it does seem fairly complicated. The good news is that we can crash at my folks' place in Chicagoland for a while if the timing doesn't work out as planned.

In loosely related news, I finally made it to the gym the other day. It's amazing how easy it is to get my mind off of school when I'm on the crosstrainer, people watching, looking at the stories on TV, all while reading a travel magazine. My problem this whole time has been not having enough things to multitask about to keep business school thoughts at bay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home