Monday, April 04, 2005

not a waste

Well, I withdrew my application to Yale a coupla weeks ago. It became less feasible over time. I began to doubt my candidacy at some point, partly because the husband couldn't find a job there, and partly because I received positive feedback from other schools more quickly. By the time I received my invitation to interview in New Haven, the feasibility factor had become way low. The timing was also a little iffy because I had to babysit a project at work. So I called and emailed to withdraw my application.

I haven't told my recommenders. The good thing is that they are, for the most part, the same folks who wrote for other schools so there was very little additional work involved. 'cept for one. Maybe I can gloss over it somehow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home