Sunday, December 03, 2006

from my fingers

what's on my mind right now:

i have to somehow get my winter greeting cards out this year. i found the perfect card, but it is pricey, so i'm trying to get excited about a cheaper alternative. not sure it will happen.

i'm turning 29 in january. january is next month.

i have a lot to journal about in my official journal for my high performance leadership class. a lot.

but i have no finals, which means i get an extra week in my break. maybe that means i can accomplish more.

is there asbestos in the popcorn ceiling in my family room? i will get it tested.

we rocked our presentation on thursday. the learning i'm getting from my d.school class is again, more and different than i expected. i'm actually finding more links to my hpl class in this one and my strategy of tech class than i originally thought i would. it's great when things come together, but also frustrating because i feel like i am experimenting with new behavior all the time and others on my team are not. so it's exhausting and i'm tempted a lot of the time to fall into my regular habits. this past week, i got fatigued and shut down more than i would have liked. trying to stay the course at that point put me too far outside my comfort zone.

going home for christmas. need to book a ticket.

my knees are cold.

Post Script: I just looked at my last blog post. I installed the window coverings. With L. Both sets. And yesterday we hung all of the pictures on the walls. Maybe not in the perfect perfect place for all of them, but they are up. And 80% right is much better than 100% no data at all. The two prints my mom and I framed together 15+ years ago had been sitting on the floor for the 3 years since we painted the guest bedroom. Strategy class has taught me that implement and see is better than sit on it for the longest time, plan until it hurts, and hopefully get it 100% right the first time. I guess the d.school class helped, too, since it's better to prototype--and rapidly, too--than not to prototype.

so how do I balance measure twice, cut once with implement and see?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home