Sunday, January 09, 2005

Among the living again

This past week was a bit crazy. My husband defended his thesis--7 years and it's almost over!-- on Wednesday so I had to do The Wife thing: shopping for the Perfect Tie and running everything to the cleaners; planning the pre-defense butter-up-the-review-committee-with-food reception. Stanford was due on my birthday the next day; and then there was Kellogg to polish off the week. And to think I thought I might have had time to retake the GMAT on Monday!

Here's a cautionary tale. My DSL went down scant hours after I turned in my Stanford app, but before Kellogg was done. So I called Covad and got some dialup numbers and submitted Kellogg the old skool way (I'm in Silicon Valley, so having to go dialup in this area really is old skool). Only 10 minutes after I submitted my app at almost the last minute, the dialup dropped the call. This is strange because I have had NO drops in DSL service in the last year that I've had it. Needless to say, my dialup is still hooked up as a backup to the DSL, and I've vowed that the Yale app will go in "early," like maybe a day or so.

Book(s) I'm reading: Built to Last (yes, I know I'm late, but it was only last year I read 7 Habits), The World According to Mr. Rogers

Activities I do in spare time: all the stuff I've neglected lately while I pondered "what matters most to me, and why?" like washing clothes, cleaning out fridge, digging up mushroom patch in lawn and collecting fruit from my lemon tree, sunlight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home